Saturday, August 15, 2015

bag for baby

My niece gave birth several months ago to a beautiful baby boy who is so happy and lovable. I feel bad that I hadn't gotten her anything but I was preoccupied with my daughter's wedding. But now .... it's time to focus on getting some cute things made for her.


So I started with this bag. It's made from flannel fabric that I had left over from a baby quilt.


It has a flannel outer and a light blue cotton inside for the lining and a zippered top.



I used this pattern. Simplicity 3822 and it was real easy to follow and put together.



The fabric was this block style already so I added batting and then quilted the existing pattern. Super easy.


I embroidered their last name to the pocket on the front of the bag.


And added a brown belting which I usually make myself but this time I purchased. 


I added the zipper with a cute ribbon for easy pulling. The whole thing took about 2 hours to make and turned out super cute. It's a nice smaller bag for grabbing some diapers, a bottle, and a small toy or two and off you go!

I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment